On this page
Long Distance Rates
Your business long distance rates include these key features:
- Shaw to Shaw Calling is included with all Business Phone plans. This means you can call Shaw Home Phone, Business Phone and PRI customers at no charge, no matter where in Canada they're located.
- Businesses with Internet plus two or more phone lines are eligible for free long distance calling within Canada & USA.
- Phone lines with Business Phone Plus include unlimited calling within Canada and USA and 1000 international long-distance minutes to 50 countries.
- This excludes mobile and specialty numbers.
Check Shaw Long Distance Rates to verify rates based on country and landline vs. mobile/specialty numbers.
How to block long distance
International Long Distance is disabled by default.
Long distance can be disabled if necessary on a per line basis. This can be useful if you have a courtesy phones for guests and do not want callers to be able to dial long distance.
To disable/enable long distance or international long distance can be requested by calling Shaw Business and speaking with either Technical Support or Billing. Have your security code ready when requesting changes to your account.
How to block collect calling & bill to third party calling
Both of these features can add additional costs to your phone bill and can be disabled if necessary on a per line basis. This can be requested by calling Shaw Business and speaking with either Technical Support or Billing. Have your security code ready when requesting changes to your account.
- Collecting calling: A collect call is a phone call in which the called party pays the charges, rather than the calling party, as is conventional.
- Bill to third party calling: Bill to third party calling is when one caller phones another, and a third person/party is billed for the call.
Toll Fraud is the theft of long-distance services by an unknown third party. It takes many forms including but not limited to the unauthorized entry into your phone system or equipment. By way of example, businesses that use third party private exchange (PBX) telephone systems and/or third party voicemail system are particularly at risk if these systems are not secure. Toll fraud is a global, industry wide problem with potentially devastating effects - racking up tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of long-distance calls in a very short time.
Read our White Paper - Toll Fraud for more information on how to protect your phone system.