On this page
Key installation points
- Personal video recorders (PVR) or Gateway products aren’t supported with business TV plans. Contact a business representative if you have any questions.
- A Shaw Business installer is the best person to do your HD Digital Box setup to avoid any signal or activation issues. Contact a business representative to schedule your HD Digital Box installation.
- You can try to activate your HD digital box yourself, by following the info below.
How to connect your HD digital box
Follow these easy steps in the order listed below to connect your HD digital box properly:
- Remove your new digital box from its package and write down the serial number located on the back of the box. You'll need the serial number to activate your equipment.
- Connect the coaxial (screw-on) cable as shown in the diagram below. Connect one end of the cable to the Shaw wall outlet, and one end to the 'Cable In' port on the back of your HD digital box.
- Connect the HDMI cable that comes with your HD digital box from the back of the box to an HDMI port on the back of your TV.
- Connect the supplied power cable to the wall outlet and to the back of your HD digital box as shown in the diagram below.
Activate your HD digital box
Self-installation requires the Digital Box already be attached to your account. Units purchased directly from Shaw will have been added to your account already. If you purchased from a third party retailer, you will need to call in to get the equipment added to your account.
Make sure you have the following information ready:
- Serial number. Found on the back of your Digital Box labelled as “Host SN” or printed below a bar code.
- Account number. You can find your Shaw Business account number on the top left corner of your monthly bill. It is 11 digits long and starts with a zero.
Once you have connected the digital box and checked the points above:
- Visit Shaw’s activation web site and choose the option for “I purchased my Digital Hardware directly from Shaw.”
- Confirm that the box has been installed according to the directions listed above and then click YES.
- Proceed to STEP: 3 and enter your location, account number and the serial number from the HD Digital Box.
- Click the Activate Now button as shown below. The activation process takes some time to complete. See What happens after activation below.
What happens after activation
- After activation, your HD Digital Box displays a TV picture and begins loading the guide information.
- A series of downloads from the Shaw system are needed to complete the setup. These downloads happen automatically and may cause the picture to freeze and display a series of numbers on the front panel of the box.
- The entire HD Digital Box setup process takes up to 30 minutes. Then the box will power off and power on again and return the picture to your TV.
- Please do not manually turn the Digital Box power off and on during this time so you don’t interrupt these final stages of the setup process.
- Once ready to use, the activated box will show the current time on the front display. Press the power button to watch TV.