On this page
- A security record ensures Shaw knows who is allowed to call in for account changes.
- Requests to change your account or get account information will require providing the Shaw representative your security code.
- Planned maintenance that could cause downtime will be sent for email notification to the contacts listed on your file.
- Your security record on file with us contains the following information:
- Primary administrator contact.
- 6 digit security number.
- Technical contacts (optional, used only for maintenance notifications).
- Static IP information (if applicable).
When is the security code required?
When account details or a change to service is requested to the account it must first be verified by a Shaw Business Representative.
- Account Specific information, such as account number, address or phone number.
- Request to change product packaging, contact info, passwords, or any other account details.
- Setting up Call Forwarding or a change to phone settings.
- Static IP add, change or remove requests including PTR/Reverse DNS records.
- Adding new equipment to an account.
When verification isn't needed
Verification isn't needed for anything that's general and could be done without seeing the account.
- Information about new plan options.
- General Troubleshooting of services that doesn't require providing account details:
- TV troubleshooting (excluding adding additional equipment to an account).
- Phone issues (excluding changing a Voice Mail PIN, setup Call Forward, or any other account changes).
Updating your security file
Forgotten or misplaced security code
If you have forgotten or misplaced your security code we can email or fax the security record to the primary email address or fax number that is listed with us.
If you no longer have access to the listed email address or fax number, you'll need to make a formal request by following these steps:
- Requests must include all points listed below:
- Document must be on company letter head (if you don’t have a letter head, please make one).
- Document must be typed out. Hand written requests will not be accepted.
- List your business account number.
- Referenced case number (you'll get this from the support representative).
- Provide a 6 digit security code. Security codes must be 6 digits long using numeric characters only, no letters. The security code will be required to make account changes or provide account details. Share this code only with authorized personnel.
- List the primary contact, and up to 4 technical contacts.
- For each contact list: name, position, email address, direct phone number, fax number.
- Primary contact should be someone with signing authority for the company.
- Technical contacts will not be emailed the security code but will receive all other account info including the account number. All contacts will receive notice of any pending maintenance that will affect your Shaw services.
- Statement authorizing the passing/exchanging of information on the account.
- Document signed by primary contact.
- Once this has been printed and signed, send document back for processing one of two ways:
- Fax back to 877-347-4165
- Scan the signed document. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the scanned PDF attached.
- For urgent requests call Technical Support after following all the steps mentioned above and advise if the document was faxed or emailed in.