When setting up a PTR record, keep these points in mind:
- PTRs can only be requested for static IPs.
- No more than 1 PTR can exist per IP address. If you need to create multiple records, you'll need to request enough static IPs for each A record you need a PTR for.
- The A record must be in place before requesting a PTR. Check your A record with MXToolbox's 'DNS Lookup' tool before requesting a PTR.
- Requests can take up to 2 business days once processed. The completion can be verified by going to MXToolbox's 'Reverse Lookup' tool.
Submitting PTR requests
Follow these steps after reading the PTR rules above to ensure a smooth PTR request.
- Verify your A record is in place with MXToolbox's 'DNS Lookup'. The listing must match exactly what you're about to request.
- Submit our online 'Request support' option, making sure to list your account number, security code, and the A record and static IP for each PTR required.
- You'll receive an email follow up with the status of your request, and any further information required to complete your request.
- Check that your PTR is in place by using MXToolbox's 'Reverse Lookup' tool.