Go WiFi locations
To check out all the locations beyond your business where you’ll get internet access:
Add new devices
There’s multiple ways to add a new device to your plans Go WiFi device list:
- My Shaw (preferred): usually best option for businesses as you can see which devices are currently registered, verify your plan's device limit, and permanently add (or remove) devices to manage your account.
- shaw.ca email address: verify any of your @shaw.ca email addresses on your account to gain permanent access.
- See important note below.
- Connect to the 'ShawOpen' WiFi network and you’ll be prompted to authenticate your email and password.
- Once you’ve entered your email address and password successfully, the device will connect to ShawOpen automatically and you'll no longer need to re-verify authorization and will automatically re-connect in the future.
- Access Codes: provide temporary access for 6 months from when they're issued, then expire.
- See important note below.
- Call in to Shaw Business and request a code be emailed to you.
- When you're at a 'ShawOpen' hotspot, connect and input the access code.
- You'll automatically connect to all ShawOpen hotspots until your access code expires.
*Important Note*: once you’ve already reached your account’s device limit, adding new devices with email address or access code methods will de-register one of your registered devices to make room for the one you're adding. Use my.shaw.ca instead to avoid chance of bumping off other registered devices.
More help can be found on the residential support page ' About Shaw Go WiFi'.
Business plans allows up to a certain number of devices to be registered for simultaneous use.Adding additional devices beyond your limit will cause other registered devices to be removed.Manage your device list by logging into your My Shaw and go to the Internet section.
|Business Plan||Number of Devices|
|Business Internet 5||3|
|Business Internet 20||6|
|Business Internet 30||10|
|Business Internet 60||10|
|Business Internet 150||12|
ShawPasspoint is a newer Shaw Go WiFi SSID that provides an improved method for connecting supported devices to WiFi hotspots. As part of the Wi-Fi Alliance Hotspot 2.0 Specification, this makes registering and connecting to Shaw Go WiFi easier, when using a supported device.
Key points & features
- You can also setup ShawPasspoint by logging into My Shaw from your iOS device in Safari.
- Apple iOS devices running iOS 8 or newer are supported, with registration requiring use of Safari.
- Once your device is registered and uses ShawPasspoint for the first time, your device will automatically use ShawPasspoint where it's available. You can tell your device to forget ShawOpen if you want to only connect to encrypted connections, or keep it as a fallback for locations without ShawPasspoint.
- ShawOpen will remain in place at all locations, running alongside ShawPasspoint.
- Not all locations have ShawPasspoint at this time.