Verify you're included on our notification list
Notifications go out by email to the email addresses listed on your "Shaw Business – Security and Configuration Information" security record:
- Primary contact's email address and up to 4 additional technical contact email addresses will be emailed.
- If you have received that email, just verify the people in your organization that need to be informed are listed in that security profile. If another person needs to be added or any other information needs modification, reply to the email and list the changes required.
- If you don't recall having received the above email, or have misplaced it, you can use our 'Request support' contact option to ensure you have an up to date record in place.
More information about the security record can be found on our article 'Updating business security record & contact info'.
- Notifications are emailed for planned maintenance work that anticipates causing impact to business accounts and sent using the email addresses in your security record as mentioned above.
- Emails are sent from 'ShawBusiness-CustomerNotificationsVan@sjrb.ca'. Whitelisting this address will reduce the chance your email or security programs might not deliver our notifications to you.
- Unplanned maintenance work resulting from weather damage, traffic accidents and other sudden impact to our services are fixed immediately, rather than waiting for the formal notification process. These can be checked at shaw.ca/updates, or by calling business support.
- Whenever possible, maintenance takes place during off hour times of Midnight to 6am. Some roadside work requires maintenance during daylight hours, but this is avoided when possible.
- shaw.ca/updates can be used to check on local service notifications, maintenance and outage information.