Simple remote programming
The remote for all Shaw Business TV plans is called the Shaw Champ remote. Champ remotes don't need to be programmed to use the Shaw set top box, and are programmable with your television set, to control power and volume functions. This remote is not designed to control other devices, such as your audio system, or DVD player.
The Champ remote can be easily programmed for most TVs by following these steps:
- Power on your Television set.
- Press the “SETUP” key until the LED blinks twice.
- Press the “TV” power key.
- Press and hold down the “OK” key.
- Let go of the “OK” key when the TV turns off. Once this has occurred the setup should now be complete.
- If this still doesn't work, see more detailed instructions on the Getting Started PDF or visit the Champ remote website.
Remote control website
If the simple setup proves not to work, or your remote doesn’t match the one shown above, please visit urcsupport.com/Shaw. This site will show all legacy Shaw remotes used in the past, and gives more detailed codes specific to most TV models from most Television manufacturers.
New TV Purchasing Considerations
When looking for new TVs, check this support site for the brand name and model of TV you're looking into. This will help reduce the chance of incompatibility as some television manufacturers may not be found on the site, and their TVs may prove difficult to control with a single remote control.