Learn how to fix email error messages on Apple IOS. These short fixes will resolve the following errors: mail server certificate not certified or cannot verify server identity.
When Apple Mail (iOS 10.3.3) attempts to access your Shaw Business host mail.yourdomain.*, a "Not Trusted" certificate error is shown.
- Open Settings > PASSWORDS + Accounts >.
- Tap the email address you are having the issue with.
- Under Advanced turn off Incoming SSL.
- Tap SMTP Server.
- Select Primary Mail server.
- Under Outgoing Mail server turn off SSL and change server port to 1025.
You may need to reboot your device after changing the settings.