By default, international long distance calling is disabled. Group administrators can request for it to be enabled (by contacting customer service) and they can set an authorization code that will be required when making international calls. Shaw long distance rates will apply.
To create long distance authorization codes
- Go to smartvoice.shawbusiness.ca.
- Log in using your group administrator credentials.
- Click the Group Services tab.
- Click Calling Plans and select Authorization Code from the dropdown menu.
- Set Number of Digits to a numeric value (eg. 4) if you think the default length of 10 digits is too long.
- Select the checkbox next to Allow Local and Toll-Free Calls without Account/Authorization Code.
- Under Administration, next to Type, select Authorization Code.
- Click Search to load all users.
- Select a name in the Non-Restricted Users list and click Add > to move the name to the Restricted Users list.
- Under Add New Code, enter a number in the Code field.
- Enter a description in the Description field.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 9-11 to create additional authorization codes.
Multiple codes can also be added in bulk by importing a .csv file.
- Under Bulk Update, click Browse.
- Select the .csv file you want to upload.
- Click Save.
The .csv file should have two columns: Code and Description.