Learn about Shaw Business TV and how to view channel listings for your areas and how to troubleshoot missing channels with Shaw Business support.
How to view your Shaw Business channel listings
To find channels, scroll through the Digital Box’s guide or look them up online with the Full Channel Listings page. To use the online tool, make sure to select the city you live in from the top of the page.
Note that newer HD Guide boxes will show only the channels in the business subscription and will automatically substitute the HD feed where available. This will be especially handy in reception areas or any other area that has viewers who are looking to find out what’s available to watch by going through the guide as they wait. Free previews
TV channels will occasionally go on free preview for a limited time, and when the preview ends it can seem as if the channel had disappeared from your package. Visit Free Previews, Free Channels website for a complete listing of all channel previews and the expected preview expiry dates. If you’d like to add the channel back, call in to Shaw Business Sales to ask for pricing.
If a channel disappears from the guide or the guide states that the channel is a subscription service to order, check all other TVs for the same issue. If only one TV has lost the channel, unplug the power cord, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Wait for the Digital Box to boot back up, then check again.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug it back in.
- Wait for the Digital Box to boot back up & then check again
If these steps do not work call into Business technical support for further assistance.
Key Points about the newer HD guide boxes:
- With newer HD Guide boxes, keep in mind that the HD channel will be different than older boxes, and you may need to search through the guide to find a different number than you’re used to.
- On newer HD Guide boxes, if 'HD Grouping' is enabled on your digital box, HD channels will be listed first and standard definition channels will be listed after the HD channels, causing channel listings in the guide to not be listed in numerical order. This could cause confusion when scrolling through the guide.
To enable HD Grouping:
- Press MENU on your remote
- From the menu, select Settings
- Within Settings, select Guide
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to scroll to HD Organization
- Press OK on your remote and then use the arrow buttons to change the toggle option to ON
- Press Exit to leave the menu
If all TVs are missing the channel or produce an error message asking you to order the channel, check the Free Previews, Free Channels website. If in doubt, call Business Technical Support to verify your package details and troubleshoot missing channels.