Resetting your SmartVoice desk phone can resolve many common issues. Below, you’ll find instructions for resetting Polycom, Panasonic, and Cisco desk phones.
Common desk phone issues
Resetting your SmartVoice desk phone will often fix common issues such as:
- Busy Lamp Field (BLF), Shared Call Lines, and Speed Dials not showing on your desk phone or sidecar display.
- Function keys not working as intended, or not showing up at all.
- An inability to transfer calls.
Reset a SmartVoice Polycom desk phone
To reset your VVX desk phone:
- Hold down the 1, 3, and 0 keys, until the phone makes a short noise and the screen says “Reboot initiated”.
The reboot process can take several minutes. Longer, if there is a receptionist sidecar attached.
To reset your IP6000 conferencing speaker:
- Hold down the ✱, #, Volume+, and Select keys until the phone rings twice and makes a short noise, and the screen says “Rebooting”.
The reboot process can take several minutes.
Reset a SmartVoice Panasonic desk phone
To reset all models of Panasonic (DECT) phones:
- On the desk phone navigate to Menu, System Settings, System Settings, Reboot Base.
The base station will reset and any other phones connected will temporarily lose connection. The lights on the base station will blink orange for up to 5 minutes, while the reset is in progress. A green light on the base station will indicate a successful reconnection to all connected desk phones.
Reset a SmartVoice Cisco desk phone
To reset all models of Cisco phones:
- On the touchscreen, navigate to the gear icon.
- Select option 6, then option 1.
- Select Okay.
The phone will take 2-3 minutes to reset.