Discover how using Advantage WiFi (formerly SmartWiFi) Meraki analytics can optimize your business. With the Meraki Dashboard you can view device usage patterns to gain valuable customer insights.
- To view analytics about users on your network, log in to dashboard.meraki.com.
- View device usage patterns to gain valuable customer insights.
Ensure bandwidth hogs don’t halt your business.
You can use the Meraki Dasboard to view:
- Client analytics - the default option that provides insight into a network wide view around device details
- Location analytics - which provides insight and allows you to manage your location's traffic
Advantage WiFi Client Analytics
To access Client Analytics, follow these steps:
- Go to dashboard.meraki.com and log in.
- Client Analytics is the default option that will load up on your screen.
- If you need to get back to it from another section, go to Network and select Client Analytics.
- Use the Network wide view or select an individual client for details on their device and usage.
Network wide view
The main view will provide you with a list of all devices connected to your network and what they are doing while on your network. The information can be filtered and organized in a few different ways:
- Network and timing
- Pick between viewing clients connected to the private or guest network.
- Choose the timing for the client history to view the following timeframes: last 2 hours, last day, last week, or last 30 days.
- Client list: Order the list by clicking on the column titles, and use + at the end to view additional options.
- Status: The green icon indicates devices currently online, and the grey icon indicates devices not currently online.
- Description: This is the device's name. To make things easier to find, you can change a device's name. Find instructions by searching Google for "Change device name", replacing " " with iOS/Android/Windows/Mac depending on your device type.
- Last seen: When the device was last connected to your network.
- Usage: How much data was used over the timeline criteria selected above.
- Bandwidth graph: Shows how much data is being used at different times of the day.
- Pie charts: Choose between applications, ports, and HTTP content. Hover over chart, or click More » to get expanded usage details.
Individual device view
After selecting a specific device, you will see a similar view, but showing the details of the particular device selected, rather than all devices connected to your network.
- Device details: Various information about the device in view.
- Status: The icon shows green if online and grey if offline. It will also display the last time it was seen on the network.
- SSID: Which network the device is connected to: private or guest.
- Access point: This is helpful for Advantage WiFi locations that have multiple access points.
- Signal: Shows signal strength for actively connected devices.
- Device type: Manufacturer and model of device.
- Capabilities: Gives information about the device's wireless capabilities. This is helpful to know when dealing with speed issues.
- Usage: Select the timing window to review and you can see usage over time, as well as total bandwidth used for this specific time, in the top-right corner of the chart.
- Network: Details of the network connection.
- Pie chart: This is a breakdown of applications, ports, and HTTP content used over the usage period chosen (number 2).
Advantage WiFi Location Analytics
To access Location Analytics, complete the steps outlined below.
- Go to dashboard.meraki.com and log in.
- Go to Network and select Location analytics.
- Use the location analytics to review and manage your location's traffic. The data from each graph can be downloaded as a .CSV file that can be reviewed, analyzed, and manipulated using a spreadsheet program.
- Timeline: Choose the timeline to review your traffic for.
- SSID: Choose which of your networks you want to review.
- Proximity/Capture rate: Click on the relevant name to select your option.
- Passerby: Devices detected by Advantage WiFi that didn't stay nearby for long.
- Visitors: Devices in close proximity to your location for more than five consecutive minutes.
- Connected: Devices that are connected to your network.
- Capture rate: Percentage of devices passing by that become users of your network.
- Engagement/Median visit length: Click on the relevant name to select your option.
- Engagement: This chart groups your unique network "visitors" by the length of their longest visit. A single visitor who leaves and returns multiple times will only be counted once.
- Median visit length: A line graph of median visit length over time.
- Loyalty/Repeat visitor rate: Click on the relevant name to select your option.
- Loyalty: Allows you to see how often visitors come by your location. While the identities of these visitors are anonymous, you can compare the numbers for each type of visitor.