Learn how to easily set up and use a Advantage WiFi (formerly SmartWiFi) splash page. Discover how easy it is to customize your Advantage WiFi splash page to increase engagement with your customers.
Choosing splash page options
Available for both the private and guest WiFi networks, you can choose three access options:
- None: Direct access means the connection works automatically. WiFi users will see no custom message or notification. There is no opportunity to reach out to customers to increase engagement.
- Click-through: WiFi users will see a custom message that you manage. You can update the message any time you like and set the frequency for how often users will see the message reappear. Use click-through to highlight your hours, current promotions, new items in store, or anything else you would like to help increase communication with your customers.
How to set up Click-through management
Use your Meraki Dashboard to set up click-through management and direct users to a Splash page on your network.
- Log in to dashboard.meraki.com.
- Forgot your credentials? See Set up your Meraki Dashboard login.
- Go to Network and select Wireless settings.
- In the Splash Page section, select Click-through.
- After selecting Click-through you will be presented with the following options:
- Message: Messages can be entered in plain text or HTML format. Rogers Business does not support the use of HTML and its use should be handled by advanced users only. Note: HTML can only be used for formatting purposes; embedding images or links will not work.
- Splash logo: Places a logo in the top-right corner of the splash page. Images larger than 200 x 100 will be resized. Using PNG, JPEG, or GIF is recommended.
- Splash language: Only English will show on the splash page and selecting a different language choice will not change anything at this time
- Splash frequency: How often the splash page will reappear for WiFi users. This can be adjusted from every 30 minutes to monthly. Setting the frequency at a higher rate is useful if you want to use the splash page to display information for customers about sales or product promotions.
- Select Save Changes when you are finished.
- By default, visitors will be directed back to the website they were trying to access previously. If you'd prefer they be redirected to your website, contact technical support, provide your account number and verification, and we can set a custom website for users to be sent to.
- Test out your new settings to make sure they work as intended.