Learn how to program the Shaw remote to control the Shaw Digital Box as well as the TV’s power, volume, and mute functions. Program your remote in 6 easy steps.
Remote control quick programming
The remote for all Shaw Business TV plans is called the Shaw Champ remote. Champ remotes don't need to be programmed to use the Shaw set top box and are programmable with your television set to control power and volume functions. This remote is not designed to control other devices, such as your audio system or DVD player. The Champ remote can be easily programmed for most TVs by following these steps:
- Power on your television set.
- Press the SETUP key until the LED light blinks twice.
- Press the TV power key.
- Press and hold down the OK key.
- Let go of the OK key when the TV turns off. Once this has occurred, the setup should now be complete.
- If this still doesn't work, see more detailed instructions on the Shaw High Definition TV – Quick Reference Guide or visit the Champ remote website.
Remote Control Support Website
If the simple setup tips above proves not to work, or your remote doesn’t match the one shown above, please visit urcsupport.com/Shaw. This site will show all legacy Shaw remotes used in the past and gives more detailed codes specific to most TV models from most television manufacturers.
TV Purchasing Considerations
When looking for new TVs, check this support site for the brand name and model of TV you're looking into. This will help reduce the chance of incompatibility as some television manufacturers may not be found on the site and their TVs may prove difficult to control with a single remote control.
Champ User guide
Champ remote details