Learn about Shaw Go WiFi access, which is included at no extra cost with your Shaw Business Internet plan. Find out about device limits, how to add new devices, and more.
Shaw Go WiFi locations
How do I add new devices to Shaw Go WiFi?
There are multiple ways to add a new device to your plan's Shaw Go WiFi device list:
My Shaw (preferred):
Usually the best option for businesses as you can see which devices are currently registered, verify your plan's device limit, and permanently add (or remove) devices to manage your account.
- Log in to my.shaw.ca.
- New to use my.shaw.ca? See our article Getting started with My Shaw.
- Go to the Internet section on the top menu.
- In the Shaw Go WiFi Devices section, select Add a device.
- Give your device a unique name to make it easier to manage in the future.
Shaw.ca email address:
- Verify any of your @shaw.ca email addresses on your account to gain permanent access.
- Read the important note below.
- Connect to the ShawOpen WiFi network and you’ll be prompted to authenticate your email and password.
- Once you’ve entered your email address and password successfully, the device will connect to ShawOpen automatically and you'll no longer need to re-verify authorization and will automatically reconnect in the future.
- Provides temporary access for six months from when issued, then expire.
- See important note below.
- Call in to Shaw Business and request a code be emailed to you.
- When you're at a ShawOpen hotspot, connect and input the access code.
- You'll automatically connect to all ShawOpen hotspots until your access code expires.
Important note: Once you’ve already reached your account’s device limit, adding new devices using email address or access code methods will de-register one of your registered devices to make room for the one you're adding. Use my.shaw.ca instead to avoid the chance of bumping off other registered devices that you need.
More help can be found on the residential support page: About Shaw Go WiFi
What are the device limits on my Shaw Business plan?
Business plans allow up to a certain number of devices to be registered for simultaneous use (depending on your business plan package). Adding additional devices beyond your limit will cause other registered devices to be removed. View your device limit and manage existing devices by logging in to your my.shaw.ca and navigating to the Internet section.
What is ShawPasspoint?
ShawPasspoint is a newer Shaw Go WiFi SSID that provides an improved method for connecting supported devices to WiFi hotspots. As part of the Wi-Fi Alliance Hotspot 2.0 Specification, this makes registering and connecting to Shaw Go WiFi easier when using a supported device.
Key points and features
- Only Apple devices running iOS 8 or later will be supported.
- Android is to be supported at a later date.
- Simplified sign-up experience
- Use the Get Connected page at Shaw.ca to register for Shaw Go WiFi without physically visiting a hotspot, or having to find and enter the MAC address of your device
- When registering from home, the website will automatically fill in your account information - this makes getting set up for Shaw Go WiFi easier than ever
- You can also set up ShawPasspoint by logging in to My Shaw. from your iOS device in Safari.
- Apple iOS devices running iOS 8 or newer are supported, with registration requiring use of Safari.
- Once your device is registered and uses ShawPasspoint for the first time, your device will automatically use ShawPasspoint where it's available. You can tell your device to forget ShawOpen if you want to only connect to encrypted connections, or keep it as a fallback for locations without ShawPasspoint.
- ShawOpen will remain in place at all locations, running alongside ShawPasspoint.
- Note that not all locations have ShawPasspoint at this time.
Find more setup & userguides on Shaw Business Internet Support.