You can customize greetings for your SmartVoice voicemail and manage them through the SmartVoice web portal.
By default, the voicemail greeting for all unanswered calls says:
“The party you are trying to reach is not available to take your call.Please leave a message after the tone. Press the pound key to end recording.”
You can customize greetings for the following scenarios:
- Busy greeting: Plays when you are already using the phone.
- No-answer greeting: Plays when the phone isn't in use, but no one answers the call. This is useful after hours, during lunch hours, and when no one is available.
- Alternate no-answer greetings: Additional greetings that can be selected later by calling *98 or a remote access number.
Select voicemail greetings
You can choose from voicemail greetings that are already in the system. To learn how to upload or record custom greetings, read How To: Upload or record custom audio files.
- Go to smartvoice.shawbusiness.ca.
- Log in using your group administrator credentials.
- Click the Dashboard tab.
- Click the gear icon under Settings.
- Click Detailed Settings (lower right).
- Click Calling Features.
- Under Messaging, click the Edit button next to Greetings.
- Expand the dropdown menus for each greeting and select an audio file.