Learn how to set up your new Shaw business hosted email address. once set up, you will be able to access email via Webmail or through an app on your computer, phone or tablet.
How to set up your Shaw hosted email
Did you know?
All of your customized server settings and mail setup instructions are in the Help & Settings section of EasyMail Setup?
Email Server settings
Listed below are the settings that should be used regardless of what program or device you are using.
|Server Type||Host Name||Port||Authentication||Encryption|
|POP||mail.domain* (or mail.shawhosting.ca)||110||Full email address, password||None|
|IMAP||mail.domain* (or mail.shawhosting.ca)||143||Full email address, password||None|
|SMTP (outgoing)||mail.domain* (or mail.shawhosting.ca)||1025||Full email address, password||None|
mail.domain will only work properly if your NS and DNS records are correct. More information on NS & DNS settings can be found on Name server and domain name server settings.
Choosing between POP & IMAP
|Server Type||Synchronize Emails?||Synchronize Contacts|Calendars|Reminders||Other Comments|
|POP||No||No||Grabs a copy of your email messages to save on the local device. The email program is set to either leave a copy on the server or delete the message from the server (based on the program's settings).*|
|IMAP||Yes||No||Synchronizes emails with the server/webmail, as well as any other IMAP devices.|
There are a few more key points to consider to help you make the most suitable choice:
- Synchronized accounts means that email messages will be kept on the server/webmail, so any POP setup should keep messages on the server. Otherwise, messages will disappear from Webmail & IMAP.
- We recommend that at least one PC receives messages via the POP setup to prevent any unintended loss of emails. If an account becomes compromised, messages could be lost from the server itself. However, since POP does not sync with a server, messages on a device using the POP setup method will never disappear from that device.
- For more complicated setups, it may be best to consult your IT department for advice.
- Log in with your email address and password at webmail.shawhosting.ca.
- Shaw Hosting restricts foreign access to POP, IMAP, and SMTP servers and this precaution is in place to avoid spam and other security issues. Only Webmail will work by default outside of Canada & USA and as such, it is highly recommended that you only use Webmail when traveling abroad. Contact Shaw Hosting Support if you need to access your email using your email program while you’re away
Set up your Shaw hosted email on any device
See the following walkthroughs to set up your email on mobile or desktop devices.
Phone/tablet email setup
Computer email program setup
|Windows Mail||Outlook 2013||Outlook 2010||Apple OS X Mail|