Extension Mailboxes are an optional add-on feature that allows you to add up to four mailboxes to your voicemail service. Learn how to set up and manage your extension mailboxes.
Yes, extension Mailboxes are an optional add-on feature that allows you to add up to four mailboxes to your voicemail service. Here’s how it works:
A caller reaches a main greeting that you record to direct them to press 0, 1, 2, or 3. The caller presses the extension number and hears the personal greeting of that department or employee.
Additional Voicemail settings
Using Extension Mailboxes
- Managing the main directory greeting is done using *98 with the PIN for Mailbox 0.
- Mailbox 0 will always exist, so don’t forget to use and check Mailbox 0.
- Each extension mailbox allows all voicemail options, including multiple greeting options, email notifications, and Secretary Transfer.
- Each extension mailbox must have its own unique PIN for access.
Managing Extension Mailboxes
Features require management through the phone.
- Dial * 98 from your Business Phone.
- Enter the access code for Mailbox 0 followed by pound (#).
- To manage your Extension Mailboxes:
- To record or modify the main greeting, press 1. This is the main greeting to guide callers to Mailboxes 0, 1, 2, and 3.
- To add an extension, press 2.
- To remove an extension, press 3.
- The access code for each extension should be kept safe in your notes.
- Each mailbox greeting will be set up by calling back into *98 and using that mailbox’s access code.
- To check voicemail for a specific mailbox, press *98 and enter the unique access code for that mailbox and follow the prompts.
Call in to Business Technical Support to set up email notifications and Secretary Transfer for individual extension mailboxes.
Extension mailboxes require an upgrade to Elite Voicemail.